Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Oily Skin

After some research on the internet and friends, I've come across a couple of 'recipes' that have worked really well. Some old, some new, but most of all, they've worked! Well, let me re-phrase that...IT WORKED FOR ME! LOL...I don't mean to sound rude, or selfish, or anything negative, but everyone's skin is different therefore their reaction to certain products will be different.

Let me start off with a little background...I have SUPER OILY SKIN. I lived in Fresno, CA before moving to Monterey, CA, and the summers were brutal; it would get to over 105 degrees every summer! I lived in Fresno for a total of 8 years on and off (lived in Visalia before that, which is only 45 mins away), and every summer, my face would go crazy! Between having super oily skin and unbearable weather outside, it didn't help that out of those eight summers, I spent about 5 or 6 w/o AC for about three quarters of each summer. Needless to say, all of that together did not do well for my skin. My face was so greasy and oily that you could probably scrape the oil off and throw it on the cement and add in an egg and scramble it. I know, I know, that sounds disgusting.

Anyway, last summer, I decided to make an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss my skin troubles. After meeting with Dr. Kardashian (yes, Kim Kardashian's aunt, but by marriage), I was informed that the oil glands in my face produces more oil than the average person. There's not a cure for that, but as far as managing it, it's just like normal maintenance but a little more often. Also, because of the overproduction of oil, it's left me with some spots and acne scars from my adolescent age. After years of dealing with these types of issues, I've come across a couple of things that have really helped me over the years. I do have a lot of things I've tried and then other stuff too so I'm going to re-visit those 'recipes' and share with you the ones that have worked for me. I won't be posting them out all at once, but I will be posting the ones that have helped me. I hope that you will try them and most of all, I hope that they'll all work for you too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment