Sunday, February 6, 2011

DIY #1 – Egg White Facial

I have huge pores, I’ve come a long way and I have decided that I’m just going to have to live with the fact that it’s something I cannot change at the moment. But it’s okay, because I’ve learned to manage it. Since I was a young-in, I’ve had acne problems and although my acne has cleared up immensely, I’m still left with the after effects such as acne scars and large pores. I do use cover up to help minimize them, but trust me, even with the cover up, they are still lightly visible. So, anyway, to help minimize the looks of my pores, I use an egg white facial. Also, when I was a lot younger with a ton of pimples on my face, I used to do this facial about every other day. It’s quite simple.

Take one egg and separate it from the yolk. If you’re baking or are going to be consuming this, then yes, go back and forth using the shell, or use some kind of separator, but in this case, it’s going on your face, so forget about going back and forth, and finding a gadget and then clean it later, JUST USE YOUR HANDS! ;) Crack the egg into one of your hands over a small bowl and toss the shell and yolk away. Take a fork or a whisk if you want and whisk the egg whites. You’re not going for a meringue, just until it’s frothy and breaks up some of the goo. Then, just take it in your hands and slather all over your face. Of course, you can use a brush but definitely DO NOT USE a sponge applicator. However, for the sake of time, I just use my hands and fingers. Once it starts to dry, you’ll feel it tighten up. Go about your business until it’s ALL DRY. It feels great! Whatever you do, DO NOT SMILE, or wince, or crinkle your eyebrow, NOTHING! EXCEPT BLINK AND BREATHE. Do not move any muscle in your face, or you will break the facial. You will look a little funny, but it’s okay. Once it completely dries all over, it’s time to wash it off.  It’ll leave your skin very soft, and with longer use, your pores and acne scars will minimize over time. As with all other facials, a clear and poreless face WILL NOT happen overnight.


Now, moving on…I’ve read some reports online that egg white facials are temporary and do not work. I highly disagree. It worked on me, it helped clear up my acne and it really does minimize my pores and acne scars. It really depends on your skin type. I have super oily skin so I do this quite often, however, if you have dry skin, I recommend once every two weeks or so. For oily skins, I’d recommend about once every week, and for super duper oily skin (like me), I do this every other day. Anyway, while the tightness is temporary because it dries up on your face, the after effect does last. I don’t know the science behind all of this because I’m not a scientist nor a dermatologist so I’m not able to explain why it dries up your face and then leaves it soft, but it does for me. Try it though…it’s just one ingredient, an egg, it’s cheap enough to try. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment