Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mini Reviews...

Instead of boring everyone with lengthy reviews, I'm going to just do a couple of mini ones at a time. The first are the following:

RIMMEL Clean Finish Foundation
The promise is labeled right there on the front: 100% Poreless. Although I liked their approach, I have to say....epic fail! I would be the PERFECT candidate to test this product and unfortunately when I did, it did not work for me. My pores were still as visible as any other foundation. However, it is not all negative. The formula is a lot thicker than regular liquid foundation but not as thick as the cream or mousse/souffle foundations. Also, the applicator was quite interesting. I think this is probably my favorite part about the whole product. Check it out below. I love that there are holes in it so that you really can get all the product and it doesn't go to waste. You will still have to use a sponge or foundation brush to apply it and blend. Although it's not 100% poreless, for the price I got it for ($3.64) at Wal-Mart, it was very nice. I can see myself using this again in the future. I'll even save the paddle brush. :D

MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque



















I saw this at the MAC counter and thought it was a really nice shade. At first, I wanted to get Chilled On Ice from Cham Pale collection, but of course, it was sold out. It was actually sold out everywhere :( So I decided on this one instead. Plus I've seen Emily from Beauty Broadcast use it and she highly recommends it, so I decided to try it out. OMG...awesome! I love it! I love the peachy color with the frosty, pearly touch to it. Plus, with my tanned skin, when it dries on my lid, it looks absolutely fan-TAB-ulous! Love it! I've used it along with other cream shadows and also as an eyeshadow base. It works so well, that when I use it as a base, I don't even need to put on shadow primer, which is great! Plus, I love the sheen I get in the "background" when I put shadow over it. I plan on going back and getting more shades :D

HIP Eyeshadows

My younger sister swears by these. HIP eyeshadows are her absolute favorite. She claims that they are just as good as MAC's and for half the price. I have to admit, I've never tried them before now because the color selection just wasn't as diverse as I liked it to be. Plus, I wasn't really too much of a fan of some of the shades. However, when I saw them for 75% off at CVS and for only $2.75 (ish) each, I decided this was a great time to try it out. And the final result???

Ehhh....I'm still a little iffy. I still stick with my opinion on the colors, but as good as MAC's? I don't know about that. Although they are pigmented, I wouldn't compare them to MAC's. I haven't used the two purples yet, but I have been using the Poppy one. But just the brown. I didn't particularly like the yellow. Since my skin is darker and tanner, the yellow didn't pop up too well against the color of my skin. I can see myself using them again in the future, but I don't think I'll be purchasing any more unless the colors just absolutely wowed me. 

Sally Hansen Sheerest Cream Blush in Rosy Rose



I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this blush. I hadn't found a cream blush I liked until this one. I did get it at the CVS clearance sale, so I hope that they aren't going to be discontinuing these or even this one. The color looks really deep in the pictures, but when you apply it on, it's not actually that dark. It is actually very light and the pigmentation it brings out, I mean WOW! I've been wearing it everyday since I've gotten it. It gives me just the right hue on my cheeks to make it look rosy and natural. But, now that I think about it, my skin is a little darker, so if you're a Warm Beige (foundation-wise) or lighter, you may want to go a little easier on it. But other than that, ABSOLUTELY FAN-TAN-BULOUS!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed these mini-reviews and found them helpful. I'll be posting some more really soon, but I am going to be moving, so I will definitely try to find the time to add this in. Bye LOVES!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment