Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lazy/Sick Day MakeUp

Hi Everyone,

I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks now but I'm finally starting to recover a little bit to bring you this quick makeup tutorial. This will be a short one, but this look was designed in mind as an alternative  to the everyday process. It's quick (took me about 5-7 minutes) to complete the look from start to finish. Normally if I'm sick and I'm just home, I'm not putting on any makeup, but I've been very sick for the past few days so I've gone w/ very little makeup and/or like yesterday, absolutely nothing. But today, I actually had to get out of the house. I had to go to the doctor and then to Target to fill my prescription. I wanted a look to brighten me up and I figured, if I put on makeup to look "fresh" and "awake", I might feel it too...I didn't want to use a lot of products and drag out all my brushes and color choices, so I went with just a couple of products and the best tools EVER that are free. MY FINGERS! Yes, I did not use any brushes or cotton swabs or pads...just my lovely ten fingers...but make sure yours is clean (I washed my hands before and after the application and had a makeup remover towel I used to wipe my hands in between). So let's proceed.

Face:
Since I have SUPER GINORMOUS pores, I always have to use a primer AT LEAST to conceal them. I just so happened to grab the first one I saw today because I was still in such a haze and it happened to be the Rimmel Fix & Perfect. Now that I think about it, this one was a good choice because it has a peachy tint to it so it helped add a little more coverage and color. Next, I opted for the e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer...I LOVE tinted moisturizers because not only they eliminate the foundation AND provide moisturizer, IT'S SUPER QUICK! Anyway, I just used my fingers to blend it all over to avoid streaks and provide coverage. While I waited for that to dry and sink in, I did my hair. Very simple, take a look:


I'm sure everyone knows how to do this look but all it is is just a low bun with some volume up top with a headband to secure the front fringe/bangs. Very simple. I used the set of Goody Spin Pins for the bun, and then bobby pinned the hanging strands to the back. Surprisingly, I didn't have to tease the crown either. To complete the crown part, I gathered my bangs and some front part of my hair (like if you were going to do a pouf) and clipped it with a claw at the top of my head. Next, I slid the headband on and then I did my bun After the bun is secured, I just release the claw clip and then pin the strands down to help create the volume. Easy right? Yuppers.

Next onto the rest of the face makeup...the cheeks. :D I used the Sally Creme Blush (don't remember the color, it's in one of my blogs from the CVS Haul) dotted some color to help contour my face and then using my fore and middle finger, just blended it up and out...That's the best way to blend. Now if you're sick like me, you don't want to use too much. You should already have some natural redness in your face already so you just want to use a light dots and strokes and away from the nose area.

Next, onto my eye makeup. Instead of using a eyeshadow primer, I opted for a paint pot instead. I used my favorite: MAC's Rubenesque. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the peachy shimmer it has. It sparkles through and that is why I use it so often. And on days like this, it makes it so much easier and faster. Next, I used the cream shadow palette from Wet 'nWild. I don't know if they make these anymore but I think they're called Custom Creations. As you can see, it comes with four cream eyeshadows and then a creme blush on the left. To start off my look, I dipped one of my fingers into the green (bottom right) and dabbed it along my "crease" (I have monoids, so I hardly have a crease) and blended, you guessed it, "up and out". Next, I take the darker purply-gray (above from the green, or upper right) and set it just above the green to blend the two colors. However, with this color, I'm not going to take from outter corner to inner corner. This is more like the crease shade. So, in a windshield wiper motion, blend this along the outter corner of your eye and create a small outter "V". Next, I take the bronzy color (upper left) and use it just lightly enough to blend the two colors together, and finally the light, shimmery cream color on the bottom left as my eyebrow highlight. To color in my eyebrows, I used the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Duo. I love this one and for $3, it's GREAT! Next, I grabbed my UD 27/7 Liner in Zero (came with Naked Palette), although any kohl black liner will do and lined my upper lid. I did this thicker than normal because I'm going to smudge it to increase the smokiness of this look. Afterwards, line your lower water line and then LIGHTLY go over the bottom lash line focusing more on the outer corner and tapering it as you get closer to the inner corner. Next, apply mascara, let that dry and then use a finishing spray to set your makeup and voila! You're done! Now, I did skip the lips because my lips feel very dry and irritated, so I've just been using that vaseline chapstick for the lips, but if I wasn't sick, I'd go with a nude or light pink lip color because you want the focus to be on the eyes in this look. Anyway, here is the completed look, hope you like!
Click on the picture for a full size photo which will show more color on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment