Monday, May 2, 2011

DIY - Exfoliator

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've showcased a DIY on here. I've been doing this for the longest time. Since I saw it Kandee Johnson's Youtube Channel and you know what? It's really super great! I stopped for awhile because I kept forgetting lemons and I like using fresh lemon juice for this.

The best part about this? It's cheap! It's easy! So...check it out.

First, get a lemon:

Slice up a wedge:

Get a cotton pad and squeeze the lemon juice onto it. I usually only use one slice, but use however many slices you need. (Sorry about the seed)


Get some sugar


Sprinkle it generously onto the cotton pad. The acid in the lemon is used as the cleanser and the sugar crystals are the scrubbers. Although sugar is nice, don't go crazy because the sugar is what is going to be doing the scrubbing and can be rough if you use too much. So sprinkle liberally but don't pile it up. The sugar will melt into your skin and the lemon juice and will give your face a nice glow after washing. TRUST ME!


SCRUB, SCRUB, SCRUB!!! I couldn't take pictures while I was scrubbing so this is all I have. Don't worry, my skin is bad but it's not this bad, this is with my makeup on. If you want to, you can wash your face first, but I like to do this and then use a mild cleanser. But anyway, here, as you can see, I had to use two pads. I love the fact that these are all natural ingredients. C'mon, sugar and lemon juice. It's super easy. Try it out.


And here I am from behind the camera in my bathroom after freshly scrubbing my face. LOL. Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this!I'm not one for natural remedies but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete