Sunday, August 28, 2011

LA Haul

Hi everyone!

It's been too long, but I'm baaaaaccckkkk!!! After a hiatus concerning some personal issues, I am back! *Cue the music* LOL...anyway, I had the pleasure of going to Los Angeles last weekend and OMG IT WAS SOOO FUN! We mostly hit up the Fashion District and ChinaTown only but I plan on going back really really soon. Anyway, to see some pictures of the overall trip, please click here to go to my other blog.

But, here on this one, I'm going to show a couple of things that I bought. These were my "Essentials" that I needed new of.

Black Hidden Platform Pumps

Flower Loafers

Beige Stilettos

Hot Red Stilettos
Statement Rings and a Bowtie Necklace
So these are just some basics to pull an otherwise "bland" outfit together. The black hidden platforms cost only $15, the beige $5, the red $10 and the jewelry were all $1 each. I have another necklace that I bought which is a bolder bowtie, but I can't find it :( I bought that for $5. Yes, I am very into bows this season.

Examples of how you can add these to your wardrobe to FAB up your DRAB?

Pair a white button down shirt tucked into a pair of tan skinny leg pants and pair with the black or beige pumps. Add the flower ring to one hand and you're ready to go. For makeup, go for a natural eye look with pink lipstick; curl your hair Kardashian style and go! Professional, yet stylish look.

For a relaxed, Sunday brunch look, grab a solid tunic, put on a pair of boyfriend jeans, throw on the loafers and put on the bowtie necklace along with the bowtie ring. Keep your face matte by applying Tinted Moisturizer, the Rubenesque Paint Pot all over your eyelids and light brown eyeliner with a nude lip and rosy cheeks. Put your hair in a side braid, and you're finished. A relaxed, yet pretty look.

Next, for a night out on the town, grab that LBD (little black dress), and pair it up with the hot red heels! A one shoulder with a sleeve would look absolutely gorgeous! Next, slip on the angel wings ring, and curl your hair and tease it to make it bigger a la Carrie Bradshaw at the end of the Sex and The City movie (the first one). Go for a light smoky eye and bright RED lipstick to match your shoes! Add in some gold/silver braclets to the side of the hand w/o the sleeve and you're ready for a night on the town!

Next time, I'll actually pair up the outfits and take pictures, but that's another project. Have a great day y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're back...i haven't seen you post in awhile. Keep up the great posts and fashion ideas.

    ReplyDelete