Saturday, January 22, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 - Top Ten Best Dressed List

Hello, Hello!

Tonight, I am writing from the beautiful city of San Francisco, CA atop Twin Peaks, where my lovely cousins reside. My brother is getting married next weekend, so he and his new wife are here this week for celebrations! Anyway we're doing a movie night and thought I'd put in some blogs real quick. To finish off my list, here are my picks for Best Dressed for the Globes.

#10 - Guiliana Rancic in Zac Posen
Getty Images
First, can I just say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER!!! I watch her show all the time and can definitely relate to her difficulties and sadness of trying to conceive. But anyway, let's focus on happy things. Mrs. Rancic looks absolutely great in this black number. Although it's black, she definitely stood out. She looked better than most of the other celebrities (see my previous Worst Dressed Post) that she interviewed on the red carpet. Because Guiliana is tall, the slim lines of the dress with a small train at the bottom looked great on her without overly-accentuating her height. Plus check out the details of the neckline, super cute! The drapery works well with her and the fact that it's cinched in the middle makes the flair of the gown work to her advantage. It's subtle, yet enough to make a dramatic difference on the dress. Excellent pick!

#9 - Diana Agron in J. Mendel
AWESOME!!! Her character on Glee is a self-absorbed, conniving teenager, and with this look, Diana looks just the opposite. She looks sweet, innocent, young, but mature and classy. I love the soft light pinkish hue of her dress. In this picture, it really makes her stand out on the bright red carpet. Her makeup makes her look so polished and although her hair isn't in an updo, it matches well with the tone of her overall look. Plus, another thing I noticed is that she's not spray tanned! Which is a GOOD THING! Some celebs overdo it with the spray tan, and it's nice to see that not everyone feels they need tanning to look good. Could you imagine this whole look if she had orange skin? Not cute but thankfully,  Ms. Agron made a better decision against it.

#8 - Mandy Moore in Monique Lhullier
Getty Images
OMG!!! It's been awhile since we've seen Mandy on the red carpet. But she looks GOOD! The blue on her was an excellent color choice. Once again, someone who doesn't feel the need for a spray tan! Good job ladies! I love the mermaid style dress with the tulle starting at the thigh/knee area and flowing gorgeously down to the bottom. It makes the gown look elegant enough for the event, but not so formal that it's overdoing it. She paired it off excellently with limiting her accessories, and adding the focus to her dress. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but I love the mesh above the neckline. Looks sooo good on her! I wished she would've done a little more with her hair; maybe some loose curls would've topped it off better, but not bad, Ms. Moore-Adams sure looks smokin' hot!

#7 - Kaley Cuoco in Katherine Kidd
Getty Images
First, let me say that I am a HUGE Big Bang Theory fan, and I was cheering like crazy when she announced Jim Parsons (her co-star) as the winner for Best Actor in a Comedy/Musical series. It was super endearing to see her sort of choked up as she presented his award to him. It's like she was super proud of her big brother. :D Anyway, moving onto the dress. OMG! Normally, I think her character on the show can dress better, and she in real life can make some better choices too, but she looked absolutely amazing in this number. The petal-like layers just looks so heavenly on her and fits her body shape very well. Her diamonds were totally gorgeous and I love her long hair, but I'm glad that she put it up to show her beautiful face. Excellent! 

#6 - Mila Kunis in Vera Wang
Getty Images
I'm so glad to see Mila Kunis back where she belongs! On top! And what's even better than that? To see her back on top IN STYLE! I totally LOVE the green on her here. OMG! What a way to stand out right??? She totally overshadowed her co-star Natalie Portman, but in a good way! This dress looked so great! The color is the best to me. I've always loved one shoulder dresses and shirts, so this won me over some more, but what sets this normal one shoulder apart is the sweetheart neckline that goes with it. I really like that. I'm not too much of a sweetheart neckline fan, but this one is subtle enough that it works, plush I'm in love with the train on the dress. What a way to make a comeback! 

#5 - Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Getty Images
First of all, I LOVE Marchesa. I love their dresses so much that I wish I had events EVERYDAY just so I can wear them. But I also wish I had the money to buy them. HAHAHA. But if I did, I wish I looked as great as Olivia does in this number. Tied with this look, I love her dress from the 2010 Academy Awards. The one with the sheer back and wild front with ruffles. oooh I get chills just thinking bout it. LOL. Anyway, look at her shine in this one though! Literally. LOL. I love Olivia's style and her adoration for Marchesa. I love the straight top with the princess-y feel at the bottom. I'm not usually a huge "glitter and sparkle" fan, but on this dress for her, it WORKS! Her makeup artist deserves huge kudos. I love how the smoky eye is done in coordination with the dress, and her hair. Oh her hair, how great it looks straight and with bangs (take note, Sandra Bullock). Very simple, but very chic!

#4 - Jenna Ushkowitz in Rebecca Taylor
Getty Images
Can I just say how much I love the fact that the BASIC colors are coming back in style? Look at the different hues of this dress and Mandy Moore's. Look at Mila Kunis' and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I'm so happy that these beautiful, bold colors are back and these girls are ROCKIN' that. Jenna looks amazing in this gown. I am in love with the tiny ruffles, the folds, the belt, the train, the neckline, EVERYTHING! And her lipstick...genius! Most Asian girls feel they can't pull off the red lipstick look, but look at this picture and you shall see that it is possible. Oh, and I LOVE her hair. Very "Kardashian" of her, but it looks just as great on her. Good job girl!

#3 - Eva Longoria in Zac Posen
Getty Images
Whew...Tony Parker, eat your heart out! Looks like someone's still got it. Let's take this look into analysis from top to bottom: hair, gorgeous, sweet classic bun. If I remember correctly, it looked like a French twist (which a lot of people were wearing). But it's a good thing because it really let the dress shine through. Speaking of the dress, I love the neckline cut out. Sexy enough to show some cleavage, but nothing hanging out. The lighter shaded belt, CLASSIC! And of course, the tight fitting around the hips, thighs, and then BOOM! An all out flare...I was COMPLETELY shocked when I saw this dress. I'm so happy that she was able to pull it off and that someone made it look good. Especially with that someone being Eva Longoria. You've done us proud Eva, you've done us proud!

#2 - Amber Riley in Oliver Tolentino
Getty Images
GORGEOUS! FABULOUS! This right here, ladies and gentleman, is PROOF that you can be gorgeous at any size as long as you are CONFIDENT about the way you look! This also shows that us plus-sized girls can rock the red carpet and look just as good as those skinny girls that look hungry. Wow. I'm so amazed at how well Amber looks, I can't even put it to words. UH-MAZING!!!






and...the winner of the BEST DRESSED LIST....


justjared.com

Anne Hathaway in Giorgio Armani Prive

Anne Hathaway and Rachel Zoe...great job. Excellent job. I'm reallly at a loss for words as to how great she looks. I mean...talk about va va voom. It looks sweet and darling from the front, and then she turns around and WHAM! Even more than if Kim Kardashian, Shakira, AND Beyonce turned around. Sexy! Stunning! Show-Stopping! In the words of my FRIEND, Joey Tribbiani, "You look hot! Like, stop eating hot! And that's the Hottest of all!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment