Monday, February 21, 2011

Makeup Challenge...Day One

Okay peeps, here goes. Please don't be scared. Keep in mind that I wake up at 6 AM and usually don't go to bed till about 12-1 in the morning. So, you can really tell in my pics and you'll also see how not perfect my skin is. However, after looking at the after pictures, I realized that my makeup does a really good job of hiding my pores. Take a look! But beware....


Ok...here's me at 6 am after getting dressed and ready to do my hair. I always do my hair first just because if I run late, I can finish my makeup in the car or do light dabs of makeup at work, or on the way to work in the car, but I can't exactly plug in my irons in the car (or heaven forbid at work) and start curling away, so I do my hair first. Because I am trying to grow my hair out and I have layers, I separate them and just start at the bottom. I don't have a certain style I do, just curling my hair b/c on it's own, it's an ugly wave :(


All done. Not bad for just a couple of minutes. Normally, I'd add hairspray at this point, but since I don't have any, I just left it alone. Next, it's time to start applying makeup. First I use the Mary Kay Oil Mattifier and dab and rub it into my face. This helps control the oil and shine throughout the day. 



Next, use a brush, (I use my favorite, the SigMax High Def Round Top F82 by Sigma) and work the foundation onto your face. I don't have the foundation on in the picture above yet, I just wanted to show the foundation. I have Revlon's PhotoReady foundation and OMG it works excellently! I think even better than MAC's Studio Fix liquid foundation. Now that I think about it, I'm glad that I left out the PhotoReady foundation instead because I hate those streaks that regular foundation leaves in photos with flash. Yech...anyway, after working in the foundation, I use primer on my lids and concealer on my problematic areas and then top off with a light powder. I use MAC's Studio Fix Powder to help absorb and set the foundation.


Next, I use my favorite eyeshadow palette, NAKED by Urban Decay and pat the color "Hustle" all over my lid, and use a large fluffy brush (the one in the picture in fact, and it's the smoky eye duo brush from Wal-Mart) and blend it up and out. Next, I turn the brush around and dip the top of it into "Dark Horse" and blend along the inner corner to the outer corner. Since I have monolids, I have to create a very unique blend. Although this is a light look, I use the darker shadow closer to the white to create an illusion to make my eyes look bigger. This is the reason to blend out the first lighter shadow up and out so that you don't lose that color. Next, I take a crease brush (the one from ELF is the one I use) and dab it into "Creep" and pat it on the outer corners about 1/4 of the way in. Now when I say dab, I mean DAB! You do not want it to be all black because the pigmentation is so strong that if you use too much, you will not get the effect that you are looking for. Next, I take the fluffy brush again and blend up and out to create an outer V. Remember that you want it to look more intense as it gets closer to your eye, but lighter as it gets closer to your eyebrows.

Next, I take my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush and dip it into the cream eyeliner by Maybelline and line my eyes from top to bottom. On the bottom, I try to keep the line closest to my waterline. To make it pop, but not have such a sharp line, I use Sonia Kashuk's smudge brush and dip into "Crease" again and lightly dab it along the lines I just created. This helps the "smoky" effect really come into play and will make your lower eyeliner look a lot less harsh. 


Next, add blush/bronzer (I had to really dig into what I had left in my duo compact) to highlight and contour your face, define your eyebrows (if you haven't done so yet) and add lipstick and you're all done! So far, day one wasn't too bad. What do you think? 

*Sorry, I had taken pictures of the process but then when I looked at the clock, I realized I was running really late so I stopped. I will try tomorrow. :D But please remember that I love my sleep and it's hard for me to get up earlier than I need to. LOL. See u tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment