Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Makeup Challenge...Day Two

Hola Mi Amigos Y Amigas.

Como estas? Okay, that's all I know. I'm trying to learn Spanish at work. :D Anyway, continuing on my challenge to use just what I left out of packing. If you have no idea what I'm talking about. Click here to go back to my post to explain why I'm doing this. And you can click here for yesterday's look.


Today, I was in a bit more of a rush so for hair, I threw it up in a ponytail. Now, keep in mind, I DID NOT USE HAIRSPRAY. I don't have any out. LOL. What I did use were some bobby pins I found in my car :D So I basically split my bangs from my hair to the side, tied it with a hair tie at the nape of my neck, leaving it a little looser at the top but not completely loose. It also helps that my hair has a lot of layers at the top, so it is a little easier for me to create that illusion. But it's not all just bobby pins, you do have to do a little creative work here too. Anyway, before I put in bobby pins, I take both my hands and lay it on the back of my hair (I know, I should've taken a picture of this, sorry) with your thumbs touching the top of your ears and point your fingers towards each other. GENTLY tug it and push it up. Do not do it so much that all your hair falls out of the hair tie. You only want to create the illusion. If you wanted to, you can also tease the bottom to help fill it up. Mine looks like it, but underneath it, it's nothing, it's "hollow". LOL. Use the bobby pins to pin down any loose strands and curve it so it creates the roundness some more. Anyway, hopefully this is easy enough to understand and follow. Let me know if I need to do more descriptive pictures. Here's a picture of what it looked like when I was done. I know this sounds complicated but once you've done this over and over like me, it'll take you five minutes tops!


Next onto the makeup...



I took some step by step photos but they were NOT flattering on me at all, so I am not going to post them. LOL. I never realized the faces I made while putting on my makeup but trust me, IT WAS NOT ATTRACTIVE! It's funny because I read in Cosmo and all those other woman magazines all the time to allow your boyfriend/husband watch you get ready because it's so sexy....LOL...yeah, no. Hehehe..anyway, moving on, the look I did today kinda looks similar to the one yesterday, but it's not. Yesterday, I used brown shades with a cranberry-ish tint towards the top. Today, I used "gunmetal" which is a dark, silvery gray and pat a LOT of it onto my lid. Don't bother trying to blend it right now, just pat it on! You're trying to get a smoky look! Anyway, once you have all that color patted on, take a large CLEAN fluffy brush and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! And don't forget to blend up and out! The gunmetal color finishes off a smooth clean, shimmery sparkle as you blend up and out but still dark enough to create spectacular color at the bottom. Next, I took the shade "buck" which almost matches my skin tone and swept it across the middle between my lash line and eye brow. This helps even out the shade and makes it blend in more. Buck is a matte shade so it helps the natural look even more. Next I flip my smoky duo brush around and pick up some color from "Creep" and brush it along my lash line. Because I have monolids, it's more flattering on me to do this because it helps INCREASE the depth of the color I am aiming for. I use the eyeliner duo that comes with the palette to help the intensity. I line top and bottom water lines and my upper lash line. Once again, I take my smudge brush and dip it into Creep and draw it along my bottom lash line to make my liner look less harsh. Top it off with blush and lipstick, define the eyebrows, spritz on some perfume and then haul a$$ out the door. LOL. At least that's what I did this morning.

So today, I got my bottle of Model In A Bottle makeup setting spray. I've been contemplating SO long on whether or not I wanted to try this product. I've tried different setting sprays and although I liked them, they can get pricey. I've seen Model in a Bottle all over, and finally decided to purchase it last week. I totally forgot about it and it arrived in the mail today. So I will try it out (including tomorrow) and will also do a review in the near future.

Tomorrow, I have to be at work EARLIER than usual so I will be up at 5 AM instead. I will try my bestest to create a nice and different look. Wish me luck!

And just cuz I wanted to show off, heres the above picture edited:

http://dayabrandini.blogspot.com/2011/02/moving-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment