Friday, May 20, 2011

Review: Montagne Jennesse

Recognize the name? Probably not. But I’m sure you’ve seen these babies around.

I usually see them in Wal-Mart and Target. But a couple weeks ago, I was browsing through the clearance section at my local Wal-Mart and happened to see these babies on sale…for 25 cents each! I couldn’t believe it. I’ve never seen these before and for some strange reason in my mind, I never wanted to spend the $1.99 price for them. I know, I know, I spend way more on others, but yeah. Anyway, I got one of each (there were a bunch) because I didn’t want to get a whole bunch and if I ended up not liking them, I didn’t want to be stuck with a whole bunch.

So I finally tried one of them (the Mud Pac Anti Stress) tonight and here are my thoughts along with my face with the product on. When I first applied it to my face, I wasn’t too pleased with the smell. It reminded of old toothpaste, but despite the smell, I lathered it on my face.

By the way, if I look exhausted, its because I am. I was soo tired and I've been fighting an eye infection, so that is why my eyes are super red.
The package says to leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, which I did. As I waited for it to dry, I felt my face tightening up. Once dry, I washed the mask off with warm water just as instructed. So let’s see if this mask lived up to its’ promises.

On the package, it states that the purposes of this mask was “to ultra deep pore cleanse” while using “sea kelp nutrients and dead sea mud to draw out impurities and open blocked pores to leave skin feeling cleansed and soft”. Let’s start with the name of this particular mask. It’s supposed to be anti-stress, I guess it makes you feel relaxed and helps unwind. Honestly, unless it provides a masseuse, I don’t think it really helped with the anti-stress part. It is in no way like a facial.

Next, ultra deep pore cleansing; my pores are so large and probably always full of dirt and oil. But while I was sitting down watching Idol (GO LAUREN! Woohoo!), I could feel my face tighten up and actually feel a little tingle that really felt like it was scrubbing out the insides of my pores.

After washing it off, I decided not to put on moisturizer because I wanted to see if it would leave my skin feeling cleansed and soft. About 15 minutes later, I touched my face and to my surprise, it was VERY soft. Just like if I had put on moisturizer. It felt clean and not oily-like at all. Overall, other than the light smell, this was great! I think it’s even worth the full $1.99 price. I’m going to try the others and pick up my most favoritist. Super awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment